Birth Injury Attorneys in Fresno
Holding Medical Professionals Liable
Welcoming a child into the world is one of the greatest joys parents can ever experience, but this moment of happiness can easily be marred by the negligent actions of a physician or nurse, ultimately harming your baby, sometimes irreparably. If you believe your newborn child sustained an injury as a result of a medical professional’s careless actions, you have a right to pursue fair and just compensation. At Fowler | Helsel | Vogt, our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to fighting on behalf of the injured and will do what is necessary to ensure the parties responsible for your baby’s injuries are held accountable.
For fierce representation and compassionate legal advice, contact our office today at (559) 900-1280 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
Not all birth injuries are related to human error, though some of the most devastating ones tend to be a result of negligence. Below are some of the most common causes of birth injuries:
- Head trauma during delivery: Brain and nervous system damage, including hematomas, are often caused by trauma to the head. This can lead to lifelong conditions like cerebral palsy.
- Forcible delivery: Some deliveries are difficult and will require more effort than a mother is capable of providing. In such situations, a doctor might have to use birth-assistance tools, such as forceps or a vacuum, which can help aid delivery. When used improperly, however, this increases the infant’s risk of sustaining injuries, such as brachial plexus and Erb’s palsy, resulting in limited mobility, weakness, or paralysis.
- Delayed delivery: Labor and delivery can be traumatic and complications can easily arise as a result. Some of the most common complications during delivery include macrosomia, cephalopelvic disproportion, or breech and, when not properly diagnosed and treated quickly, birth injuries can occur. Diagnosing these potential complications in a timely manner will prevent risking the lives of both mother and child.
- Oxygen deprivation: This is one of the most common causes of birth injuries. When a baby’s brain is deprived of oxygen, this can potentially cause hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), causing the brain tissues to die. If the baby is not delivered soon enough, he or she can end up with permanent brain damage.
Common Types of Birth Injuries
Now that you know some of the most common causes of injuries, below is a list of common types of birth injuries they can cause. This includes:
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Bone fractures
- Caput succedaneum, or swelling of the scalp
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Facial paralysis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage
- Intracranial hemorrhage
If you believe negligence played a role in your newborn’s injuries, it is critical to hire a legal professional as soon as possible. Such cases are often complicated and will require substantial resources, such as medical experts, which a law firm will have access to in order to build a strong case on your behalf.
Let Our Fresno Personal Injury Attorneys Assist You Today
At Fowler | Helsel | Vogt, our Fresno team of attorneys has represented countless injured victims in Fresno, helping families obtain the compensation they need and deserve during this difficult time. If your baby sustained an injury due to a negligent medical professional’s actions, we will fight to hold them accountable. Your baby might need extensive medical care and assistance for years to come as a result of his or her injuries and you should not have to bear the financial burden of someone else’s mistakes.
Get started on your case today and give us a call at (559) 900-1280 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Birth Injury Attorney in Fresno | Personal Injury Attorneys in Fresno
SEO Meta Description
At Fowler | Helsel | Vogt, our personal injury attorneys in Fresno are committed to fighting on behalf of injured individuals and their families to ensure those who are responsible for their injuries are held accountable for them. If your baby suffered a birth injury, you need to secure knowledgeable legal assistance. Call our office today to schedule a free case evaluation.